OMER RIZA has been told he must re-apply for the Leyton Orient manager’s job following the club’s takeover at the end of last week.
Orient fans were breathing a sigh of relief on Friday as Francesco Becchetti’s troubled three-year stay as owner came to an end.
Ex-Cheshunt manager Riza took charge of Orient at the end of March, becoming their fifth owner of the season as they suffered relegation from League Two.
Orient’s new owners met with Riza on Friday afternoon and the ex-Arsenal youngster was told the club would be “undertaking a full and comprehensive recruitment process for all senior coaching positions”.
Riza, who says he wants to remain with the east London club, said: “It is with great disappointment that my meeting with Leyton Orient did not involve any guaranteed offer of a position for me within the club.
“I was thanked for all my hard work and invited to re-apply for one of three roles which are available at the club. I have made the decision to apply for the role of first team manager based on the support, passion and drive shown by the players, staff and fans.
“I have also indicated to the club one other role that I would be happy to fill within the academy. This role would enable me to ensure and continue the development and progression of youth players through the ranks at the club to help safeguard the club’s future.
“I have worked tirelessly during the off season to ensure that whatever the fate of the club the team was handed over in the best possible condition.”